Perineal Repair Champion Program
This course describes the procedures for:
- Preventing perineal tearing
- Assessing perineal tears
- Episiotomy procedure
- Perineal repair procedure
- Post perineal repair procedure
To complete this course
To complete this course, you need to:
- read each topic and mark it as completed
- complete the examination, scoring at least 80%
- complete the practical Case Stations observed and graded by your Instructor.
Once you have successfully completed the examination and Case Stations, you will be awarded a Course Certificate.
- RCOG, The Management of Third- and Fourth-Degree Perineal Tears, Guideline No. 29 (Green-top), June 2015. United Kingdom <https://www.rcog.org.uk/globalassets/documents/guidelines/gtg-29.pdf>.
- Image Credit of “Episiotomy” to CheckPregnancy.com, June 2016 by Pobby
- Image Credit of “Subcutaneous Stitch of Perineum” to Obgynkey.com, September 2016, by Admin in OBSTETRICS
- Integrated Management of Pregnancy and Childbirth, Managing Complications in Pregnancy and Childbirth: A guide for midwives and doctors, Second Edition, WHO. UNICEF. UNFPA, 2017. <https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/255760/9789241565493-eng.pdf;jsessionid=0D7E3A57888260A81506C710F5D6BCAA?sequence=1>.